Friday 5 March 2010

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The production of my media product was made a lot easier by the use of new computer based technologies such as photoshop and quark express. I was not before experienced with these programs however through my use of them I became a lot more proficient and feel I now have a good understanding of how they work. I used a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera to take my pictures which made my photographs look very professional as the quality was excellent, it was also a lot easier to get decent pictures as the large memory of the SD card meant that I could take many pictures and choose the best one. Photoshop is a great program for magazine production as it allows people who may not be experienced with magazine production to make their work look professional. Also Quark Express allows people to easily organise the page so that it resembles a professional publication.

Blogging is an excellent way to present my work because it is easy to access as it is not stored on one computer but on a website so I could work on my media even when not at home or at college, it also means that my teacher could keep track of how my work was coming along as I did it. Putting my work on a blog also meant that I could utilise resources such as youtube, embedding videos into my various peices of work and also allowed me to import my own saved pictures onto the blog, illustrating my points better than if I had just used text. The use of blogs also meant that it was easy for me to look back over my other pieces of work and keep a track of what I had done. The use of new technologies with the production of my media projects has helped me greatly to present my work in a clear and coherent way.

No comments:

Post a Comment